While each grill master should look for the best charcoal grill for their needs, be sure to remember that the goal is to produce great tasting food at the end of the day. Below we’ve provided an interactive comparison guide (compiled using charcoal grill reviews), with detailed characteristics, of the best charcoal grills currently available.
As you look through our charcoal grill reviews, identify characteristics or grill features that are important to you. For example, some grill masters will look for a portable charcoal grill, a stainless steel charcoal grill, a small charcoal grill or maybe even a commercial charcoal grill.
Regardless of your preferences, our goal is to make sure that you understand your options – based on the charcoal grills for sale on the market today – and select the best charcoal grill for your situation.
Find the Best Charcoal Grill Using Our Comparison Guide
The components included within our comparison guide are as follows:
- Charcoal grills pictures
- Charcoal grill brand and name: In this section, you also have the ability to click the link for more information or to purchase the BBQ grill.
- Cooking area: Size of the charcoal grill grates, generally displayed in inches
- Grill grate material: Examples include nickel-plated, steel-plated, cast iron, porcelain-coated, etc.
- Charcoal grill cover: Available (Yes/No)
- Ratings (out of 5 stars): The comparison guide includes the average star ratings (up to 5 stars) from Amazon consumers. Utilizing social proof is critical to increase the likelihood that you’ll be satisfied with a product.
- Prices: Under $99 will be displayed as $; prices between $99-$150 will be displayed as $$; prices between $150-$200 will be displayed as $$$; finally charcoal grill prices above $200 will be displayed $$$$
Quick note: for your convenience, the table columns can be sorted by the categories within the table and by the charcoal grill parts that were included within the comparison guide.
The charcoal grills within the table above are only a few of the best charcoal grills on the market. There are many other brands and models available and that really isn’t any way to provide a comprehensive listing of every grill available.
However, you can find a fairly comprehensive listing of the charcoal grills for sale on Amazon.com. Before you make a purchase, you will need to decide whether you want a charcoal grill with smoker, a charcoal gas grill combo or some other combination. Keep in mind that we’ve created these reviews to help you make the best decision for you.
Tips For Selecting the Best Charcoal Grill
Important Grill Features
- Purchase a Charcoal Chimney Starter. Charcoal Chimney Starters allow you to easily start your charcoals quickly without lighter fluid.
- Think about where you’ll keep your grill. If you intend to leave your grill outside, you’ll likely want to purchase a grill made with heavy-gauge steel, stainless steel or some other type of durable material(s). Regardless of where you keep your grill or what it is made of, it is still a great idea to purchase a cover to mitigate corrosion and rust.
- Try to find charcoal grills with air vents above and beneath the cooking area. These vents allow for improved temperature control. In addition, try to find grills with vents that close completely. This will allow the grill cool off more rapidly.
- Consider a grill with a hinged cooking grate. These hinged grates make it very easy to add more charcoal (if needed) while cooking. It is also a crucial feature if you intend to slowly grill food.
- Think about how easily the grill can be cleaned. Cleaning charcoal grills can become a hassle, so ensure that your grill has a tray for simple disposal or some other type of easy cleaning method.
- On portable charcoal grills, try to find a grill with a locking lid. This is critical to mitigate spills as you transport the grill.
The Best Charcoal Grill: Our Top Pick
Weber One-Touch Gold Kettle Grill, 22-Inch
We know one thing for sure, we all agree that the best instrument to use for searing a steak is a charcoal grill.
Which one is the best charcoal grill?
Well, this really is not going to come as a surprise for most of you. Many people , including myself, believe that the Weber 22 inch One Touch Gold Kettle Grill is the best hands down.
The round design has the heat focusing effect that you desire, and the multiple vents make controlling that heat easy. You are looking for a grill that is built to last and there is only one that promises all of that and superior cooking qualities like the Weber. It is one of the most versatile charcoal grills on the market.
Equipment Review of the Best Charcoal Grills
- How to Find the Best Charcoal Grill
- Charcoal Grill Accessories
- Charcoal Grill Recipes
- Best Charcoal Reviews